We’ve Acquired data.aiLearn more



Pokémon Masters Revenue Surpasses $25 Million in Its First Week

Pokémon Masters revenue reached $110 million in August 2019 according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates.

Pokémon Masters

It's been one week since The Pokémon Company and DeNA delivered Pokémon Masters in the world's largest markets. Now, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data reveals that the title has become the franchise's second best launch on mobile with an estimated $26 million grossed in seven days.

According to our estimates, while Pokémon Masters trails the Niantic-developed Pokémon GO in terms of launch week revenue, it has performed far better than other mobile releases in the series. Masters generated close to half of the $56 million first week gross of GO, which was spent by users in just five markets: Australia, Germany, Great Britain, the United States, and New Zealand. Masters, in comparison, launched in more than 60 markets.

Pokémon Mobile Games First Week Revenue

Masters leads the likes of Pokémon Quest, Pokémon: Magikarp Jump, and Pokémon Rumble Rush, which saw player spending of $3 million, $1 million, and $300,000, respectively, in their first weeks of availability. Of the three, Quest performed best, but still only managed to generate about 12 percent of Masters' total.

Players in Japan contributed the largest portion of the game's launch week spending at approximately $16 million, or about 62 percent of the total. Our data shows that nearly $4.5 million, or about 17 percent of all spending, has come from the U.S. Hong Kong, Taiwan, and France represented the remainder of the title's top five markets in week one. The majority of spending so far has been on iOS devices at 72 percent, with Google Play accounting for the remaining 28 percent.

Pokémon Masters' launch made it the No. 10 grossing mobile app overall for the week of August 26, while it was No. 9 among all mobile games. Its release came as Pokémon GO posted its highest earning month in three years, generating $110 million in gross revenue during August, an increase of 44 percent year-over-year.

Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?

Randy Nelson

Written by: Randy Nelson, Head of Mobile Insights

Date: September 2019