We’ve Acquired data.aiLearn more



Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Revenue Has Surpassed $1 Billion in Three Years

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle revenue exceeds $1 billion worldwide since launch according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates.

Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle Revenue

Since launching three years ago this week, Bandai Namco's mobile fighting game Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle has grossed more than $1 billion in worldwide revenue on the App Store and Google Play, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates reveal. This milestone comes just as its latest mobile title in the franchise, Dragon Ball Legends, blasted past $40 million in player spending since releasing at the end of May.

Players in Japan have accounted for the majority of Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle revenue so far, at approximately 60 percent of the total. The United States has represented about 20 percent, the second largest portion. On the platform level, 54 percent of that revenue has come from the App Store, with the other 46 percent from Google Play.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle was the No. 25 mobile game for global player spending in June, behind the newer Dragon Ball Legends at No. 21. Dokkan Battle was the No. 11 grossing mobile game overall in the second quarter.

The original version of this note indicated it has been two years since the launch of Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, when in fact it has been three years. The note has since been updated to reflect this.

Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?

Randy Nelson

Written by: Randy Nelson, Head of Mobile Insights

Date: July 2018