Blog

STORE INTELLIGENCE · OLIVER YEH · JULY 2018

Dragon Ball Legends Revenue Passes $40 Million in Just Over a Month

Dragon Ball Legends revenue exceeds $25 million worldwide since launch according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates.

Dragon Ball Legends mobile game official artwork

Since launching on May 31, Bandai Namco's mobile fighting game Dragon Ball Legends has grossed more than $40 million in worldwide revenue on the App Store and Google Play, according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates. The game is a follow up to the publisher's 2015 release Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, which has grossed more than $1 billion globally to date.

Players in Japan have accounted for the lion's Share of Dragon Ball Legends revenue so far, at approximately 67 percent of the total. The United States has represented about 14 percent, the second largest portion. On the platform level, 54 percent of that revenue has come from Google Play, with the other 46 percent from the App Store.

Dragon Ball Legends was the No. 21 ranked mobile game worldwide for June based on revenue, surpassing Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle at No. 24. It has ranked as high as No. 3 among all apps on the Japanese App Store's top grossing iPhone apps chart.


Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?


Oliver Yeh

Written by: Oliver Yeh, Founder at Sensor Tower

Date: July 2018

Never miss an insight. Get quality content sent to your inbox every week.


Thank you!


By clicking "Subscribe" above, I agree to the Terms of Service and acknowledge the Privacy Policy.