Blog

STORE INTELLIGENCE · RANDY NELSON · JANUARY 2019

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire Made $375 Million in 2018

MZ's mobile Final Fantasy grossed the equivalent of a blockbuster console title during 2018, Sensor Tower data shows.

Final Fantasy XV A New Empire Revenue 2018

Final Fantasy XV: An New Empire, MZ's strategy-focused mobile take on Square Enix's exalted roleplaying franchise, grossed more during 2018 than most titles in the historically console-focused series have in their lifetimes. According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates, players spent $375 million worldwide in the game over the past 12 months, the equivalent of more than 6.2 million copies of a full-priced $60 console release.

The largest portion of this spending, 44 percent, came from players in the United States, who poured close to $165 million into the title. Japan ranked second with 27 percent of spending or just over $101 million. Players worldwide spent an average of $1.03 million per day in the game during the year.

The game was most popular on iOS, which accounted for 52 percent of revenue, with the remaining 48 percent coming from Google Play.

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire's total gross revenue stands at $518.4 million—more than half a billion dollars. That has been generated on about 51 million life-to-date installs, putting the average spend per download for the game at just over $10.


Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?


Randy Nelson

Written by: Randy Nelson, Head of Mobile Insights

Date: January 2019

Never miss an insight. Get quality content sent to your inbox every week.


Thank you!


By clicking "Subscribe" above, I agree to the Terms of Service and acknowledge the Privacy Policy.