Blog

STORE INTELLIGENCE · RANDY NELSON · AUGUST 2018

Lineage 2: Revolution Revenue Has Surpassed $1 Billion in Global Player Spending

Lineage 2 Revolution revenue totals $1.3 billion worldwide according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates.

Lineage 2 Revolution Revenue

Netmarble's mobile roleplaying game Lineage 2: Revolution arrived in the United States late last year following an enormously successful overseas launch in South Korea during December 2016. Now available in more than 60 countries, the game has amassed a treasure trove of player spending totaling more than $1.3 billion, according Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates.

Unsurprisingly, the majority of this spending has been from players in South Korea, accounting for about 57 percent of the total, with Japan representing a significant portion at approximately 26 percent. Players in the West have spent substantially less of the overall total, with the U.S. accounting for about 3 percent of the game's lifetime revenue at an estimated $30 million.

Google Play accounts for about 64 percent of all Lineage 2: Revolution revenue, with the remaining 36 percent coming from App Store users.

Lineage 2: Revolution continues to be a dominant presence in global app revenue, ranking No. 15 for all app spending last quarter on the App Store and Google Play. It ranked No. 12 among all mobile games.


Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?


Randy Nelson

Written by: Randy Nelson, Head of Mobile Insights

Date: August 2018

Never miss an insight. Get quality content sent to your inbox every week.


Thank you!


By clicking "Subscribe" above, I agree to the Terms of Service and acknowledge the Privacy Policy.