First Week Pokémon Quest Revenue Reaches $3 Million on Mobile, Downloads Hit 3.5 Million

Pokemon Quest has earned $3 million worldwide in its first week, according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates.

Pokemon Quest screenshot

In terms of attracting mobile gamers and getting them to monetize, the Pokémon Company's latest release appears to be very effective. Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data reveals that Pokémon Quest has amassed approximately $3 million in global player spending during its first seven days on the App Store and Google Play. The "free to start" game, which launched first on Nintendo Switch, has been installed 3.5 million times to date on mobile, according to our estimates.

Just more than half of the revenue generated by Pokémon Quest thus far on mobile has come from Apple's platform, at 56 percent of the total, the remaining 44 percent coming from Google Play. Unsurprisingly, the largest portion of its first week revenue has come from players in Japan, which have accounted for about 31 percent of spending. Players in the United States are not too far behind, comprising approximately 25 percent. Coming in third is South Korea at about 12 percent.

Pokémon Quest is currently ranked No. 52 for iPhone revenue in Japan and No. 76 in the U.S. In terms of downloads, it's still the No. 1 free app on Japan's App Store, while it's ranked No. 18 in the U.S. and No. 2 in South Korea.

Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?

Randy Nelson

Written by: Randy Nelson, Head of Mobile Insights

Date: July 2018