We’ve Acquired data.aiLearn more



Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes Has Grossed $500 Million Since Launch

Fire Emblem Heroes has earned more than $500 million in gross revenue since releasing in February 2017, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data shows.

Fire Emblem Heroes First Day Hero Image

Two years after its February 2017 global release, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data shows that Fire Emblem Heroes has hit the half-billion-dollar mark in terms of player spending for publisher Nintendo. The strategy title has proven to be the overwhelming bread winner on mobile for the Osaka-based gaming giant, bringing in more than seven times the revenue of its first smartphone release, Super Mario Run, at an estimated $68 million.

To date, Fire Emblem Heroes has grossed more than twice the combined earnings of Nintendo's other mobile titles, which include its September 2018 release Dragalia Lost. That title has become Nintendo's second most lucrative on mobile in just five months, bringing in an estimated $74 million in player spending so far from just five countries.

Nintendo Worldwide Mobile Player Spending

The majority of spending in Fire Emblem Heroes has come from Japan, which accounted for 56 percent of its $500 million total, or approximately $280 million. The United States is the game's second largest market at $155 million or 31 percent of player spending. The remaining 57 regions where the game is available make up just 13 percent of its revenue to date.

In terms of platform breakdown, Google Play claims a slim majority of spending at 54 percent, with the App Store making up the remaining 46 percent.

Despite its monthly revenue dropping below newcomer Dragalia Lost in October and November of last year, Fire Emblem Heroes returned to No. 1 among Nintendo's mobile games for December and January, grossing an estimated $17.6 million during the latter month. This was up slightly year-over-year from $17.3 million in January 2018.

Fire Emblem Heroes has recently witnessed a substantial increase in weekly player spending of more than 100 percent due to in-game events tied to its two-year launch anniversary. Gross revenue for its release anniversary week surpassed an estimated $6 million, up from approximately $2.9 million during the preceding seven days.

Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?

Randy Nelson

Written by: Randy Nelson, Head of Mobile Insights

Date: February 2019