Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery Revenue Tops $40 Million Worldwide

Mobile game Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery has earned more than $40 million according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates.

Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery screenshot

Jam City has cast a spell on fans of J. K. Rowling's wizarding world, conjuring up more than $40 million in worldwide player spending to date in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence, about 58 percent of the game's revenue so far has come from App Store users, with the remaining 42 percent from Google Play.

Players in the United States have generated the majority of Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery revenue, accounting for approximately 47 percent of the total. Great Britain, the franchise's primary setting, is a distant second at about 10 percent. For the month of May, Hogwarts Mystery was the No. 32 ranked mobile game by revenue worldwide across both stores, according to Sensor Tower's Top Apps ranking. It ranked considerably higher in the U.S. at No. 18 among all games.

Sensor Tower's platform is an enterprise-level offering. Interested in learning more?

Randy Nelson

Written by: Randy Nelson, Head of Mobile Insights

Date: June 2018

Never miss an insight. Get quality content sent to your inbox every week.

Thank you!

By clicking "Subscribe" above, I agree to the Terms of Service and acknowledge the Privacy Policy.